Sunday 30 May 2010

Central St Martin's Children's Illustration Course

I recently did the short course in Children's Book Illustration II - Advanced at Central Saint Martin's, taught by artist and illustrator April Wilson. I've done the earlier course (Children's Book Illustration I) some time before and I would really recommend both. The courses cover a variety of things, such as different media, facial expressions, story-boarding etc.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be adding some of the work I did as part of the course - please bear in mind most of these pictures would have been done during class-times and are generally pretty quick, rough sketches, not finished pieces of art by any means.


So to kick things off - These images were part of an exercise on facial expressions. We made a very basic sock puppet then made it make different facial expressions which we drew - simple.

We then developed these into a short sequence - this is mine

1 comment:

ilgattopunx said...

what do you think about this?

http://i53.tinypic.com/mkyjpk.jpg

 
Blog Directory